Permanent Part Time (15 hours per week – days negotiable)
The College is seeking to appoint an Archivist to commence on 17 January 2022 (or date to be agreed). Although usually the days of work will be regular there may be a need for flexibility due to the events held at the College.
The Archivist will play a critical role in the appraisal, selection and disposal of the College’s records, photographs and museum (memorabilia) collections. It is expected that the successful applicant will take responsibility for the arrangement, description, care and custody of these records according to current accepted standards of archival practice and administration.
The successful applicant will
- be experienced, dynamic and solutions-focused
- work within the Community Engagement team
- assist the Alumni and Community Relations Coordinator in building and maintaining relationships between the College and alumni groups
- possess and maintain high levels of computer skills with regard to using appropriate software programs
- show drive and initiative
- have good communication and organisational skills.
Suitable qualifications and experience would be valued. Experience working in an independent school would be highly regarded but is not essential.
A WWCC number is required.
A position description is available here and enquiries may be made to Di Lawrence, Director Development and Community Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Liz May, Director Staff, at email@example.com or on 99886200.
Applications including a covering letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and the names and contact details of three referees should be addressed to: The Principal, Brigidine College St Ives, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9am Friday 29 October 2021.