Head of Vocational Education and Training (VET)
This position is permanent/ongoing full time, commencing Term 1 2023. (Readvertised)
The College seeks an innovative and energetic Head of Vocational Education and Training (VET) whose leadership and classroom practice shows a commitment to excellence. Proven familiarity with the VET courses held at the College (currently Hospitality and Business Services) and the ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the College within the educational context involving vocational education is essential.
The Head of VET will be a Leadership Level 2 position, with commensurate salary and time allowance. They will be a qualified teacher in Hospitality or have the capacity and willingness to train in this area. The ability to teach other VET courses is an advantage. It is expected that the Head of VET will also teach TAS courses. The ability to teach Religion will be well regarded.
The successful applicant will:
- work closely with the Head of TAS to share staffing and resources
- lead a team of dedicated teachers and support staff, enabling them to develop and achieve sustainable VET pathways
- be responsible for Brigidine College meeting NESA and RTO requirements across all school-based VET courses
- develop management and planning strategies across multiple industry curriculum frameworks, in conjunction with the College priorities
- be available to reasonably support events providing service opportunities for Hospitality students and to lend support to other Hospitality teaching staff, with the understanding that extended hours will be involved at times
- actively seek and develop partnerships with local businesses and organisations with the aim of creating many and varied opportunities for Brigidine students.
Whilst there is no compulsory requirement for cocurricular involvement, staff are welcome and encouraged to contribute to the program and may be remunerated accordingly, depending on their level of involvement.
A WWCC, NESA teacher accreditation and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE4016) is required, together with other relevant qualification for individual VET courses as required, including Hospitality. All staff at Brigidine College are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Download the position description here. Enquiries may be made to Liz May, Director Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 99886200.
Applications including a covering letter, qualifications, detailed Curriculum Vitae, the names and contact details of three referees should be addressed to the Principal at email@example.com
Applications close 9am Monday 19 September 2022.