This is a temporary, part-time position for Terms 3 and 4 2021 [0.8FTE – 4 days per week (negotiable)] covering parental leave. The position will commence 12 July 2021 or as soon as possible by negotiation.
The College seeks to appoint a Counsellor who is committed to supporting and improving the welfare of young people. The College supports the wellbeing of students through a proactive and supportive counselling service. The Counsellor will work with a small counselling team and be a part of the Pastoral team of the College.
The successful applicant will
- have a shared responsibility for the general wellbeing of students
- have effective communication and interpersonal skills to enable interaction and communication with students, staff, parents and external support services
- be a member of the Pastoral team and be involved in planning a scope and sequence of programs that prioritise the wellbeing of young people
- have experience facilitating proactive and preventative practices and initiatives that promote social, emotional and educational development and the mental health and wellbeing of all students. Whilst experience working in a school is not essential it would be considered an advantage.
- eligibility for registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA and be eligible for membership of the Australian Psychological Society or as a Counsellor with an equivalent professional body such as PACFA (clinical member) or ACA with accreditation and experience of a minimum Level 3, or equivalent
- experience working with adolescents, preferably in an educational context
- demonstrated knowledge of the responsibilities and legislation connected with this field of care
A Working With Children Check is required prior to employment commencing.
A position description is available here and enquiries may be made to Liz May, Director Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9988 6200.
Applications including a covering letter, qualifications, detailed Curriculum Vitae, the names and contact details of three referees should be addressed to: The Principal at email@example.com
Applications close 9am Wednesday 23 June 2021.