As term 3 finishes, some recent highlights of student activity include-
• The HSC Showcase Exhibition which was held on 16 August. The works were outstanding, and it was wonderful to see so many parents and visitors appreciating the hard work and talent of our students and staff.
• HSC performance exams have now been held for Drama, Dance and Music. Major works have been handed in for Society and Culture, Visual Arts, Textiles and Extension subjects.
• The HSC Music evening held on 29 August. Parents were able to see their daughters perform their final HSC pieces before an audience.
• The outstanding efforts of the HSC Drama and Dance classes. There were 13 Dance student performances that have been nominated for Callback which is the HSC Showcase for outstanding Dance students. HSC Drama had 26 nominations for ‘On stage’ the HSC showcase for outstanding Drama students. An outstanding effort!
• The Festival of Music was a standout success over three huge nights – Strings, Band and Vocals.
• Over 200 students performed in our Dance Spectacular for family and friends. A fantastic night of outstanding Dance performances
• We had 11 Brigidine teams compete at the National Aerobics championships. The standard of competition after the 2-year Covid layoff was incredible. Our girls went above and beyond in every division. We now have 3 National Champion teams and a silver medal team.
• A range of students entered this year’s What Matters national writing competition run by the Whitlam Institute. The entries from Brigidine were of exceptional quality, with students writing thoughtfully about a range of issues that matter to them. Isabella Brooker in Year 11 has been shortlisted in the Year 11/12 section. You can read her work here: https://www.whitlam.org/what-matters-2022-shortlist
We say farewell to Ms Chloe Vardy and wish her all the best at Loreto Normanhurst starting in Term 4. We also wish Ms Fiona Miller all the best as she takes up a role with Zurich Financial Services. Ms Miller has been the Executive Assistant to the College Leadership Team as well as being the College Receptionist during her 6 years at Brigidine..
Term 4 will begin with a staff development day. The focus of this day will be on Teacher Wellbeing and a deepening of staff understanding of this issue.
Wishing all students, their families and Brigidine staff a safe and happy holiday break!