Here are some more reasons why you might like to set some goals for the year:
- Setting goals gets you to think about possibilities.
- Goals give you a direction to work towards.
- Goals give you a clear picture of where you want to go.
- Goals help you to push yourself just that little bit more.
- Goals help you have a more fun and fulfilled life.
- Goals can give you motivation and focus.
- Setting goals helps you do all the things you want to do in life!
You have probably set many goals already without even realising it – not every goal has to be written down but it certainly helps you to stay on track if you do write it out. You can set goals for all the different aspects of your life.
Remember, if you don’t set goals you’ll find that life just sort of ‘happens’ to you rather than you actually deciding what you want out of life then making what you really want happen! So get in the driver’s seat of your life and take control with your goals this year – both personal and academic.
You and your parents can learn more about how to achieve your academic goals at www.studyskillshandbook.com.au by logging in with the details below and working through some of the units.